Parish Councillors are volunteers and have been elected to work together with the Parish Clerk on behalf of their community. Tysoe Parish Council currently has 8 Councillors.
- David Roache – Chairman (elected 4 May 2021),
email@example.com, 01295 680309
- Jacqui Sinclair – Vice Chairman(elected 4 May 2021),
firstname.lastname@example.org, 07855 854160
- Alison Cross, email@example.com, 07866 426188
- Jane Millward, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07850 567794
- James Bardey, email@example.com, 07715 314753
- John Tongue, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01295 680469
- Malcolm Littlewood, email@example.com, 07494 572977
- Matt Jarvis-Cleaver, firstname.lastname@example.org
The office of the Parish Council is run on a part-time basis by Beverley Thorpe, Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer, email@example.com, 07938 633352
Register of Councillors Disposable Pecuniary Interests
As part of the democratic process Councillors are, upon election, required to disclose any pecuniary interests. The register of interests is available to view here.
List of Councillor’s Responsibilities
To capitalise on their areas of expertise and interest, Councillors volunteer to focus on specific areas. The following areas of responsibility were agreed at the Annual Meeting on 4 May 2021.
Committees are formal groups with terms of reference and scheduled meetings. They have delegated powers from the main Council which allows them to move important issues along and make decisions without interrupting normal parish business at Ordinary meetings. Members of the public are welcome to attend committee meetings, minutes are taken and published. Tysoe Parish Council currently have two committees (each with their own page on our website):
- Affordable/Social Homes Committee –David Roache (Chairman), John Tongue, Malcolm Littlewood & Matt Jarvis-Cleaver
- Neighbourhood Development Plan Committee –David Roache (Chairman), John Tongue, Malcolm Littlewood; Residents Jeremy Rivers-Fletcher, John Hunter, Alison Edwards
Working groups are groups of Councillors who work together to draw up proposals on a particular theme for the Parish Council to consider at meetings. Councillors usually join working groups because they have specific knowledge, expertise or interest in that area. Working groups do not have any decision making powers. Tysoe Parish Council have several working groups:
- Finance – David Roche, Jane Millward
- Human Resources & Employment – Jane Millward, Alison Cross
Infrastructure including the repair and maintenance of parish assets, the environment, traffic and parking – Malcolm Littlewood, Jane Millward, Alison Cross.
- Planning – John Tongue, Malcolm Littlewood, Jane Millward
- Playground & Playing Field – Jane Millward, Alison Cross
- Trees – James Bardey, Jacqui Sinclair
- Strategy – Malcolm Littlewood, Matt Jarvis-Cleaver
- Welfare – Alison Cross, David Roache